Mt. San Jacinto (10,834′) is easily accessed from the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, a cable-car that spans an elevation of several thousand feet in just 10 minutes. After the scenic journey, we’ll depart at 8,516′ and head off into the backcountry. Wintertime offers snowshoeing, snow camping, and even cross country ski opportunities. Summer and warmer months offer over 54 miles of established trail hiking with many, many more cross country opportunities for the fit and adventurous.
Old growth pine, fir, cedar abound in the most untouched wildeness in Southern California. We frequently see deer and occasionally foxes and even bobcat. Birds include Hawk, Stellars Jay, Raven, Dark Eyed Junko, and Woodpecker. Sometimes we even see Golden Eagles.
If you are in town for a few days and want to get into the mountains instead of the desert, we offer 2+ night packages for two or more people. We can even arrange backpacking gear if you have travelled light and want to have a fun weekend out of town.
- Round trip tram admission departing in the morning and then returning in the afternoon at the end of your trip
- Up to 30 miles of guided hiking through the pristine backcountry
- Wilderness survival tips and search and rescue stories
- An assortment of healthy backpacking meals
- Backpacking gear (backpack, ground pad, sleeping bag, tent, headlamp, use of cookware) Everything you need but the clothes on your back
3 days, 2 nights of all inclusive adventure: $399pp
$299pp for groups of two or more
*CUSTOM TRIPS ARE AVAILABLE